Please see our upgraded H2d. We are leaving this page active for a limited time for users that want to buy a match for a previously-purchased H2a-XLR. The H2a-XLR may also, with its lower sensitivity, be better for high-amplitude recording.The H2a-XLR hydrophone is designed to work with any PA system or recording device that offers a balanced, phantom-powered, microphone input. It uses the same low-noise, robust transducer assembly as our H1 hydrophone, but includes a low noise internal buffer amp. Operation is very simple: just connect to your mic preamp, switch on phantom power and use. No additional power supply is required.
The H2a-XLR offers the following advantages:
- Low cost
- Low self noise
- Good sensitivity
- High dynamic range
- Works with any common phantom power voltage
- Robust design handles accidental drops and temperature extremes
- Compact (4.5mm OD) Low-noise cable with tough urethane jacket
- Connects directly with pro condenser microphone circuits.
- High-quality Neutrik gold output connector
- Compact size and easy hand of cable
- High specific gravity and streamlined shape keeps hydrophone down in currents
- 1-year limited warranty
Custom cable lengths: Select the custom option above, then buy hydrophone cable separately from the accessories menu. Leave notes at checkout with assembly details.