$30 ZOOM CYBER WEEK REBATE APPLIED. EFFECTIVE UNTIL DECEMBER 7, 2020.
The Zoom H4n Pro offers an entry-level professional recorder with true 4-channel input capability. This is an improved version of the classic H4n, featuring lower-noise (-120dBu EIN) microphone preamps, as well as a rubberized ergonomic body and built-in high-dynamic-range microphones. You'll feel the solid build quality and be impressed with the options offered by this compact PCM recorder. Digital controls and accurate 40-segment VU meters allow for precise repeatable recording sessions.
The headphone / line output can be connected to the AUX input of your marine stereo or PA system. Sound from the external microphone (hydrophone) inputs can be monitored even while not recording--allowing it to be used as a high-quality mic preamp when not recording.
Hydrophone compatibility: Use with any of our H2 hydrophones. We recommend the H2a-XLR for best connection integrity and highest dynamic range. This recorder will also work well with our PA4-P48 hydrophone preamp. The PA4 will provide very high sensitivity when used with our H1a-BNC, or will provide the appropriate interface for our AS-1 broadband hydrophone.
For a full description including many detailed images, here is a link to the Zoom H4n Pro web page.
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- New rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
What's included with the H4n Pro:
- Operation manual
- 2 x AA batteries
- Protective case
- Steinberg WaveLab LE software download
- Steinberg Cubase LE software download
NOTE: SD or SDHC memory card is not included and is required for operation.
Optional H4n accessories:
- PCH-4n Protective Case
(compatible with both Zoom H4n and H4n Pro Handy Recorders)
- WSU-1 Universal Hairy Windscreen
- MA-2 Mic Clip Adapter
- RC4 Wired Remote Control
- HS-1 Hot Shoe Mount Adapter
- AD-14 AC Adapter