The Zoom H4n Pro offers an entry-level professional recorder with true 4-channel input capability. This is an improved version of the classic H4n, featuring lower-noise (-120dBu EIN) microphone preamps, as well as an ergonomic body and built-in high-dynamic-range microphones. You'll feel the solid build quality and be impressed with the options offered by this compact PCM recorder. Digital controls and accurate 40-segment VU meters allow for precise repeatable recording sessions.
The headphone / line output can be connected to the AUX input of your marine stereo or PA system. Sound from the external microphone (hydrophone) inputs can be monitored even while not recording--allowing it to be used as a high-quality mic preamp when not recording.
Hydrophone compatibility: Use with any of our H2 hydrophones. We recommend the H2dX for best connection integrity and highest dynamic range. This recorder will also work well with our PA6 hydrophone preamp. The PA6 will provide very high sensitivity when used with our H1a-BNC, or will provide the appropriate interface for our AS-1 broadband hydrophone.
For a full description including many detailed images, here is a link to the Zoom H4n Pro web page.
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- New ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
What's included with the H4n Pro:
- Operation manual
- Protective case
NOTE: SD or SDHC memory card is not included and is required for operation.
Optional H4n accessories:
- PCH-4n Protective Case
(compatible with both Zoom H4n and H4n Pro Handy Recorders)
- WSU-1 Universal Hairy Windscreen
- MA-2 Mic Clip Adapter
- RC4 Wired Remote Control
- HS-1 Hot Shoe Mount Adapter
- AD-14 AC Adapter