The U-24 is a compact, 2-in/4-out audio interface that provides all of the essential tools you need for recording and performing with high resolution, 24-bit/96 kHz audio. Connect to your PC, Mac, or iPad via USB and record mics, instruments, and more. The bus-powered U-24 packs all the essential tools into a compact form factor that fits in the palm of your hand. Record with mics, instruments, and more at home or on the go—the U-24 is iPad* compatible and small enough to take anywhere. It can even run on just two AA batteries for recording in the most remote locations.
Our comments: We are very impressed with these new sound interfaces from Zoom. The U-22 can be battery powered and used as a stand-alone stereo hydrophone preamp for listening. For recording and real-time monitoring, you can expect self noise to be well below any common sea state noise. Response is very linear (max sample rate, +0/3dB: <4Hz - 45KHz line; 20Hz - 46KHz mic). Sensitivity and dynamic range are respectable for a product in this price range. The drivers seem solid and were easy to install. We can highly recommend it for any user in need of a low-cost recording interface or data acquisition device for underwater sound! Use directly with our H2a-XLR or H3x hydrophones. Also works well with our PA-4 hydrophone preamp. For loud underwater sounds, you can connect our passive hydrophones directly to the Hi-Z input, but for general recording applications, we recommend using the mic input for improved sensitivity.
* Requires 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power, plus an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter for connection to iPad.
The U-24 offers a long list of features. For complete details, images, videos and user manual, visit the Zoom U-24 manufacturer's web page.
Features at a glance:
- Multi-channel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Connect to iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter (sold separately),
- plus 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power
- Two mic/line inputs with high performance mic preamps
- High quality recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Approximately 4 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Two-channel simultaneous inputs
- Hi-Z support (input 1)
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Two TRS phone jack outputs
- Dedicated RCA L/R and headphone outputs
- MIDI I/O
- Gain control knobs for each input
- +48V phantom power for inputs 1 and 2
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
Included with the U-24:
- Operation manual
- Ableton Live 9 Lite software download code
- USB Cable