The H3 hydrophone can be optionally assembled with our WT150g sliding stainless steel weight assembly for sinking the hydrophone. There are several advantages to placing the weight on the cable, rather than building it into the hydrophone. When the hydrophone is dropped, the cable flexes and deflects that impact away from the hydrophone. It also dampens vibrations in the cable that would be induced into the hydrophone signal as acceleration noise. The weight can be moved if needed to allow insertion into a pipe. These attributes are especially useful to the leak detection specialist.
- H3: 1/4" TS output for use with PA1 amplifier, any high-impedance hydrophone or instrument amp or your custom design.
- H3b: Same as H3, but with BNC output, for use with the PA4 amplifier, typical test equipment, or your custom design.
- H3m: Buffered output (3.5mm TRS) for use with any consumer-grade microphone preamp that offers plug-in power.
- H3x: Same as H3m, but with XLR output, for use with professional-grade microphone preamps, phantom power required.
- Low cost
- Small size (16.5mm diameter)
- High sensitivity
- Robust, low-mass design provides high mechanical shock resistance
- Balanced element design minimizes acceleration noise
- Available in four different output configurations to interface with almost any microphone amp
- Compact (4.5mm OD) Low-noise cable with tough urethane jacket
- High dynamic range
- Low self noise
- One-year limited warranty
Custom cable lengths: Select the custom option above, then buy hydrophone cable separately from the accessories menu. Leave notes at checkout with assembly details.