The H1a hydrophone is designed to provide high-quality audio performance in a low-cost device. It is very durable and will interface directly with high-impedance microphone or instrument preamps. It offers very good sensitivity and low noise in the human auditory range. The H1a’s streamlined shape and high specific gravity will help to maintain a low working depth in a moving water column. Its compact size and the easy hand of its cable make it very portable and simple to use.
The H1a offers the following advantages:
- Low cost
- Low self noise
- Good sensitivity
- Robust design handles accidental drops and temperature extremes
- Compact (4.5mm OD) Low-noise cable with tough urethane jacket
- Very high dynamic range
- Connects directly with 1/4" TS plug to High-impedance microphone circuits and musical instrument amps
- User can buy or build preamp to focus on application-specific systems
- High-quality REAN gold output connector
- Compact size and easy hand of cable
- High specific gravity and streamlined shape keeps hydrophone down in currents
- 1-year limited warranty
Use with the PA1 buffer or PA4 preamp listed on our Amplifiers Page for the perfect high-fidelity interface with your existing electronic systems.
Use with the Honeytone amplified speaker for low-cost, portable PA system.
Custom cable lengths: Select the custom option above, then buy hydrophone cable separately from the accessories menu. Leave notes at checkout with assembly details.